Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Co-operation or Die?
5 May 2014, 15:13,
RE: Co-operation or Die?
Agreeing with BP here.

If there is a specific SHTF event, it'll be a matter of laying low and remaining self sufficient for as long as possible.

But what if its a slow, creeping decline? Maybe co operation within communities would come about naturally?

Co operation is still alive and well in small communities here, even today. For example, yesterday I was discussing my new roof plans with nearest neighbour. He immediately offered me keys to his tractor, and a trailer for removal of debris. Two more tractor boys from the hamlet called by to offer their help this morning. Word travels quickly here. None of them wanted paying for their help and none of them wanted to salvage old tiles or anything like that. It was just supportive co operation with a person who lives among them. ( there are only 27 dwellings in the hamlet and probably only15 of them are full time inhabited.) I am more and more certain that this particular local community will pull together if faced with a full on SHTF situation.... and I consider myself very lucky for this.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

Messages In This Thread
Co-operation or Die? - by MaryN - 4 May 2014, 22:21
RE: Co-operation or Die? - by T-oddity - 5 May 2014, 07:48
RE: Co-operation or Die? - by bigpaul - 5 May 2014, 08:36
RE: Co-operation or Die? - by Lightspeed - 5 May 2014, 15:13
RE: Co-operation or Die? - by bigpaul - 5 May 2014, 15:18
RE: Co-operation or Die? - by TOF - 5 May 2014, 15:41
RE: Co-operation or Die? - by Mortblanc - 5 May 2014, 17:54