Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting to Know your Community
18 May 2014, 17:41,
RE: Getting to Know your Community
(18 May 2014, 17:29)bigpaul Wrote: I know WHO and WHAT is living in my area and what they are capable of, that's the very reason I want nothing to do with them !!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

the realisation that they haven't got the simplest idea about having supplies and knowing how to look after themselves in an emergency, but expect the state to provide their every want, is another!!

What if they're secret preppers and their opsec is awesome? Suddenly things could change drastically, and not in your favour. Some of my neighbours know that I hunt. They know I like to shoot game and I usually offer it around if anyone wants any. I usually skin it, but the wife goes mental if my hands smell of rabbit guts, so I can only gut and skin it if I have rubber gloves on. For all you know, one of the local buggers you live by could be a keep hunter, using trapping to get extra food for the pot. While also being a valuable resource, that person could be a real danger WTSHTF.

Even if you do not plan to interact with them, it's best to get to know them properly. They may only survive a month or 2, but in that month they could cause real problems.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
Getting to Know your Community - by MaryN - 17 May 2014, 21:20
RE: Getting to Know your Community - by Sunna - 18 May 2014, 14:51
RE: Getting to Know your Community - by Scythe13 - 18 May 2014, 17:41
RE: Getting to Know your Community - by MaryN - 18 May 2014, 21:01
RE: Getting to Know your Community - by Sunna - 18 May 2014, 22:23