Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exploring JOHN and PAULS views sensibly
17 December 2014, 14:52,
RE: Exploring JOHN and PAULS views sensibly
John:
I’ll be honest as an outsider looking in it looks like you’re going out of your way to be offended, the insults and high horse attitude certainly add veracity to the opinion, maybe I’m wrong but I thought I’d put it out there anyway.

General Post:
The die off for such a back track in technology would have to be HUGE (70-90% globally), could it happen? Yup sure it could, honestly though how likely is it?
Regarding the ever dwindling pile of resources, it’s a fair comment it’s brought to the fore in Survivors for you fiction fans but here’s the thing:
Initially you have a massive pile of resources food, equipment and knowledge, it’s up to you the survivor as to how far back you let things slip. The knowledge is there to be learned and shared the food, cloths, equipment and materials provide a buffer, a wind turbine or water wheel that can generate even a small amount of electricity would make a huge difference to such a rebuild.

You can implement what can be learned allowing time for more learning and even raw material gathering, if you think you’re going to do it on your own with a family group or even family and extended family group then you will end up grubbing out a Dark Age existence. So what does this tell us? You’re going to need people, lots of em . If you’re easily offended, anti-social or just a d*ck that likes to go out of their way to rub people up the wrong way, you’ll be grubbing out that Dark Age existence and not rebuilding.

The best of it is if you really consider it a very real possibility you can start now learning, sharing, networking and building both your own knowledge and skill base as well as your groups…… or you can sit and bitch on an internet forum because someone doesn't agree with you Rolleyes

Some of you might want to look up the Lammas Project ( I can’t believe none of you have mentioned it already) http://lammas.org.uk/ & http://livinginthefuture.org/episodes/1-...lammas.php

It's up to you, you can be proactive or reactive........... I know which increases your chances of survival Tongue

I’ll leave you experts to argue it out, while I retire back to my armchair.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Exploring JOHN and PAULS views sensibly - by Steve - 14 December 2014, 23:17
RE: Exploring JOHN and PAULS views sensibly - by Jace - 17 December 2014, 10:15
RE: Exploring JOHN and PAULS views sensibly - by John - 17 December 2014, 13:44
RE: Exploring JOHN and PAULS views sensibly - by Smudge - 17 December 2014, 14:52
RE: Exploring JOHN and PAULS views sensibly - by Steve - 17 December 2014, 19:21
RE: Exploring JOHN and PAULS views sensibly - by MaryN - 17 December 2014, 20:22