Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10,000BC - Do you still want to be part of a group??
12 February 2015, 16:55,
RE: 10,000BC - Do you still want to be part of a group??
(12 February 2015, 16:49)Devonian Wrote:
(12 February 2015, 14:50)BeardyMan Wrote: Tricky one this.

In every group every person must add something to the benefit of the group, be it manual labor, a dedicated skill or knowledge of some useful area. ........... I won't be working my arse off for the benefit of someone else who doesn't pull their weight. no work = no food.

Again I agree.

However the problem as I see it, is that realistically (in the UK) everyone will be bugging in, regardless of whether it is at their principal residence or at that of another family member/friend etc, we are not going to be living in straw huts on Dartmoor or the Black Mountains.

So therefore in times of dire straits "your family (or other) group" will just be a sub-group of a larger grouping or 'community', this could be the village/street/estate etc in which you live and you will have very little option other than to interact with these groups (no matter how useless and unprepared they may be) and as MB alluded, the only way these groups will work is through the appointment of a leader and the use of force to administer the 'rules'.

So the only way in which you are ever going to get away from the no hopers and scroungers is to relocate to the middle of nowhere away from the general populous, but in the UK even that is a problem as nowhere other than maybe parts of the Highlands and parts of the Welsh mountains are remote enough to offer protection from scavengers and raiders sent out by the groups....

So we're all shafted then? Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10,000BC - Do you still want to be part of a group?? - by BeardyMan - 12 February 2015, 16:55