Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow Breakdown - How will you be hit?
5 August 2015, 21:25,
RE: Slow Breakdown - How will you be hit?
Do you perhaps think that it might be difficult to recognise the fact that a breakdown is happening around you? We are all probably now used to the slow breakdown of things - NHS stuttering under the strain; poor housing; little incursions into personal freedoms and so on - and I think we may well be getting rather blase about it. So, at what point do you sit up and think "we have a problem, I'm going to act decisively now", and then actually do something. More to the point, what do you do - different from what you are probably doing now? We are all trying to protect ourselves from potential collapse of something, or disaster be it natural or manmade, but there doesn't seem to be much you can do to actively change anything around you.

I envisage my life as a self-contained little bubble and try hard to strengthen my position (or rather, the position of my family), but I know that I, on my own cannot influence anything other than my own position. So, slow breakdown or fast breakdown, in the end it's down to me and my efforts.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Slow Breakdown - How will you be hit? - by MaryN - 5 August 2015, 21:25