Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's so easy to get a little cut/wound infection
2 September 2015, 21:34,
It's so easy to get a little cut/wound infection
***Note to moderators - I wasn't sure wether to put it in medical or threats & risks, so please feel free to put it into a different catagory if you think I've selected the wrong one.***

Incase it's slipped anyone's mind how easy it is for a little cut or wound to get infected, here's what's happened to me.

I recently snapped the side of my finger nail where it meets your finger simply by scratching an itch (one of those awkward ones where no matter how hard you itch, it won't go away). I trimmed away the jagged bit of nail, sprayed some wound wash on & covered with a plaster. I followed on treatment by applying antiseptic cream a few times a day. It still got infected & after gradually getting worse over 5 days (since I snapped it, 3 days since 1st signs of infection), now I have a weeks worth of penicillin to try & kill the infection. Who knows how things might've panned out if I didn't have access to medical care on demand

Nothing exciting or world ending. Just simply a reminder how things can go tits up despite your best efforts.

Messages In This Thread
It's so easy to get a little cut/wound infection - by Geordie_Rob - 2 September 2015, 21:34