Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happens when there is no restoration?
12 November 2015, 14:54,
RE: What happens when there is no restoration?
(12 November 2015, 10:00)NorthernRaider Wrote: LS absolute agree, I should have been clearer on what I meant, from the Czech republic, Hungary, Romania, Poland, Bulgaria, a few Baltic states, parts of the former Yugoslavia as seen on TV Smile and on STREET VIEW you can see most smaller rural communities nearly all have thriving veg plots, log stores, critter pens, wood stove chimneys, some have wells, ponys appear to feature a lot still and many of the vehicles appear agricultural (big chunk tyres, good ground clearance, with towbars etc.

One major difference I do believe is notable, is that over here many elderly upon reaching retirement age suddenly appear to become infirm overnight , and move into oap homes (No of course not ALL of the wrinklies) and start waiting for god, where as every tv prog, news article and documentary I see of these rural areas in the east is the youngsters go off to work and the wrinklies head into the garden to tend the critters and vegetables. The eastern Europeans perhapd through economic NEED appear to stay productively active for much longer.

That's a good assessment and right on the money.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

Messages In This Thread
RE: What happens when there is no restoration? - by Lightspeed - 12 November 2015, 14:54