Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your status with your preps?
11 December 2015, 11:08,
RE: What is your status with your preps?
My food stocks vary all the time depending on cash available and what risks I see rolling over the horizon, we are OK on foods for probably 5 to 6 months, its slightly down on my last check because my son has a girlfriend who has just about taken up residence here.

Heating fuel (wood / coalite / gas bottles) still within accepted boundaries 5 to 6 months

Domestic consumables like Detol, Flash, bog role, baby wipes, kitchen roll, bin bags, bleach, soap, shampoo toothpaste etc always got a years supply in.

Medical kit inc suturing gear, dental gear, script meds all good for over a year.

Garden providing carrots , onions, blueberries but not much else because this year was spent rebuilding the inside of the house to increase kitchen and storage capacity

Clothing / footwear within acceptable limits though perhaps we all could do with a few extra pairs of approach shoes

Tools and equipment all fine though short on rope and paracord. 4 new Minus 18 sleeping bags bought, just got to make some nice washable liners for them.

House maintenance got most of the jobs done but need to get the house render painted and some new fencing up.

Caches, I've cut them down to 2 from 4 as my plans have evolved somewhat

Comms OK (ish)

I'm currently not working with any other preppers because of various issues, reliability, location, different objectives but its not turned out to be an issue as the family is taking up the slack. Still meeting up with other preppers for some gentle RVing.

Transport is doing the job but not what I actually want ( a 4x4 and another van)

No religion within our group / family it always proved to be far to divisive on so many issues.

Messages In This Thread
What is your status with your preps? - by Tibbs735 - 11 December 2015, 00:16
RE: What is your status with your preps? - by NorthernRaider - 11 December 2015, 11:08
RE: What is your status with your preps? - by bigpaul - 11 December 2015, 11:22
RE: What is your status with your preps? - by T-oddity - 11 December 2015, 12:46