Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Climate change REAL?, Is it a THREAT?
12 December 2015, 14:14,
RE: Is Climate change REAL?, Is it a THREAT?
A very contentious topic NR, a good one for a wet December day in a year that is likely to have the highest average temperatures ever recorded for the UK.

Climatic change is a fact, it is part of the natural process of the earth, depending on a vast array of conditions ranging from cosmological (Earths position in relation to the sun), geological (The dispersion or concentration of the continents ), organic (the kinds and concentrations of life forms) and numerous other factors.

These influences have caused and will cause the climate to change, sometimes over millennia and sometimes dramatically over just a few decades.
For me it is not a case of is the climate changing and what is causing that change, it is how fast is the climate likely to change, how is that going to impact us all and what is best way to prepare me and my family if I need to.

Personally I made my mind up a long time ago as far as the effects we are having on the planet and what that means for our future survival as a species and anything we can do to mitigate the impact the better.

All of the big fossil fuel based industries along with their investors have too much loose to consider allowing governments to make any meaning full or binding agreements to reduce the use of polluting energy, leaving the rest of the world's population to suffer the costs.

If you can get to a viewing of 'This changes everything' it is worth a watch, gives a different angle on things.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Climate change REAL?, Is it a THREAT? - by T-oddity - 12 December 2015, 14:14