Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting to think we may be stuck here for a bit......
9 March 2016, 10:03,
RE: Starting to think we may be stuck here for a bit......
I was brought up in Plymouth, not a big city but city attitudes prevail none the less, having mixed with people from Lords and Ladies to Prostitutes and Drug Dealers, I know what people are capable of, and its not a pretty picture.
we spent 10 years living in Glastonbury, nice place, but far too many people live in Somerset-which is something we didn't realise when we moved there.
after wife's mother died we were able to come HOME to Devon, best decision we ever made, we now live in an area wife has lived in most of her life and an area I travelled through most of my life to visit grandparents in Barnstaple.
we now live in a remote but not isolated area on the very parish edge of a small market town, surrounded by fields of sheep and cattle, where everyone knows everyone else and they know where you live, strangers tend to stick out a mile.
the best advice I can give anyone is, if you can, move out of a city-any city -and move to a small town, dosent matter where, but come SHTF your going to wish you had!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Starting to think we may be stuck here for a bit...... - by bigpaul - 9 March 2016, 10:03