Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Survival UK Sites next steps
25 December 2016, 17:20,
RE: Survival UK Sites next steps
I have done some light weight counting and cross checking and one of the most interesting things I find is that the average number of posts made on any thread before it is hijacked and turned into a social or political rant, or a query as to the location of the nearest buss stop, is 5 posts.

This very thread only made it to post number 3!

Add to that the apparent inability of anyone to post or start threads in the proper category and we have total confusion on most issues.

And those "basic survival skills"? How do we define those anyway? Is anyone really doing any of that at this point? No one seems to want to talk about "basic skills" when they are brought up.

Is bushcraft a basic skill? Seems I posted a thread on an outing back in October and no one wished to talk about the outdoors or skills to use once the door slammed behind you.

When was the last thread about foraging, snaring, trapping? And how many posts did it make before it became a class struggle issue?

How about security and self defense in the real world and not incorporating the primary weapons used on the last season of Game of Thrones?

What about food production and storage when more than one shelf is available?

We have a forum with all these things available and organized into neat sub sections, It is simply not being used, respected or referenced.

I am a member of several forums, some good and some really rotten.

Each is defined by the moderators who do or do not delete off topic threads, control trolling, delete personal attacks and encourage discussion.

Most of the multitude of moderators that were once here, aside from doing nothing when they were here, have now abandoned ship!

The forum is fine, its the people not doing their jobs on the forum that need revision.

Messages In This Thread
Survival UK Sites next steps - by Skean Dhude - 7 August 2016, 13:15
RE: Survival UK Sites next steps - by Nemesis - 7 August 2016, 22:04
RE: Survival UK Sites next steps - by Lightspeed - 24 December 2016, 14:58
RE: Survival UK Sites next steps - by Deek - 24 December 2016, 11:43
RE: Survival UK Sites next steps - by Barneyboy - 24 December 2016, 16:21
RE: Survival UK Sites next steps - by ObongoPox - 25 December 2016, 16:04
RE: Survival UK Sites next steps - by Mortblanc - 25 December 2016, 17:20
RE: Survival UK Sites next steps - by Rocks - 26 December 2016, 22:21
RE: Survival UK Sites next steps - by Jonas - 27 December 2016, 17:17