Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prepping for the future in your chosen retreat location
8 February 2012, 13:38,
Prepping for the future in your chosen retreat location
In any ASHTF situation, WROL (without rule of law) will apply.
The people you see roaming the streets now burgling, raping murdering etc... do so with ROL (rule of law) in place.
It’s all well and good being able to sow seeds, grow your crops etc... but the ability to protect them is paramount. A few dozen crossbow bolts, nor alarm mines will suffice. In my opinion it’s a dangerous mistake to underestimate the enemy.
Once WROL applies, anything goes, for us and for them. You must be prepared to defend your BOL/family/food to the death with extreme prejudice, there will be NO room for second thoughts or not being able to fend off roving gangs looking for food.
Much as a lot of preppers wish to bury their heads in the sand and romanticise the whole ASHTF scenarios, we cannot be under any illusions as to just how many people will survive, and will be looking for free food and possibly sexual recreation, that last bit goes out to our female members, although males may need to consider this also. I personally think it would be more along the lines of present day Columbia with the drug cartels in charge only without the army and the police and the fear of arrest to worry about. Many preppers believe we will be left alone to get on with it, maybe if your in an armed compound like the old medieval hill forts, but you you cannot ignore history, why do you think there were hill forts with spiked log walls?, why were castles developed?, why were weapons made?
I think this site as well as others is guilty of underestimating the possible violent, deadly clashes that will erupt in the country side as well as the cities as people fight for food and their lives. Do not make the mistake of believing you are safe in the country side, history has many stories of country dwellers their belongings and their families being destroyed by invading armies and starving townies. What will you do if a gang of roving starving people 100 strong come for you?
I’m sure you’ve seen starving people fighting for food in Africa… That’s civilised behaviour with rol in place and no weapons, imagine them with no rol and all armed with spears and machete’s….
Whilst I think the possibility of us being invaded is remote, the mass exodus of civilians from cities such as London, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle, Norwich, Sheffield, Leicester, Edinburgh, Glasgow etc... is not. Look at the population chart here: http://www.citypopulation.de/UK-England.html and for our American friends: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Uni...population
Whilst not everybody is or will flee the cities I.E. the old, infirm, the waifs and strays etc. there are and will be a great many determined, hungry and potentially violent people looking for your food and whatever else they can get.
You may not be able to defend your bol against many attackers, so what do you do?
Hide. Outfit your bol or retreat with a hidey hole for you and your family and/or your most valuable possessions, after all if it can’t be seen it can’t be taken, that goes for people as well. Plan for your bol to be attacked, plan for denial of entry for the attackers, plan for your bol to be overtaken, plan for your retreat and safe escape.
Remember the old adage: “Run away live to fight another day” fight battles you can win, don’t be overly confident of your ability to defeat large numbers of people, it’s better to bug out, regroup at an alternative R.V. and go from there. To remain alive is our goal is it not?
Failure to plan for mass exodus to YOUR location, just because you think it won’t or can’t happen could possibly be yours and your family’s/groups downfall.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."

Messages In This Thread
Prepping for the future in your chosen retreat location - by mikebratcher69 - 8 February 2012, 13:38