Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prepping for the future in your chosen retreat location
9 February 2012, 10:07,
RE: Prepping for the future in your chosen retreat location
I think that's a really fair point Mike.

As people we do greatly underestimate the capability of 'The Mob' or 'Mob Dynamics' as I prefer to speak about it.

I used to work doors, but not for too long. I know there are others on here that have worked doors and more for much longer than I would dare to do. But anyway....when I used to work doors, you would get the odd person kicking off and they would come at you. If a small group kicked off, people that wouldn't dare have a go by themselves are suddenly filled with the stupidity that they have superpowered punches and they jump in. The Mob Dynamic is that everyone in there is 10x more confident and suddenly they all go for you.

The same will be true if a mob forms. The likelyhood of a very large mob forming from the city and coming into the countryside is relatively low, in my opinion. There will be small groups of 10-15. But I don't think a country-dweller would be dealing with 20 or more. The largest threat to a country-dweller would be the local people from a village, where everyone knows everyone else. Those are the people that could form into a large mob. In the cities people generally gather in smaller social groups. Which means less danger to a man with a shotgun. Same goes for drug dealers, they don't hag out in huge groups. They hang out in small groups, but small well armed groups. And I believe they will go for each other before coming to the countryside.

One prep I have been thinking of is cartridge mines. Easy enough to create. Get a small board of wood, with a pin stuck to it. Sit a bullet on top of the pin and fit a small tube around the bottom half of the bullet. Bury the board and most the bullet underground, leaving about 1/4 to 1/2 the bullet sticking out the ground waiting for someone to step on. When they do.....BOOM that takes off their foot, possibly shattering up into their body. It gives you what I can a "Screaming Siren" that lets you know people are in the area.

Time to stock up on tacs, tubing, and shotgun cartridges/0.22 bullets, and other such things, possibly not legally aquired haha.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prepping for the future in your chosen retreat location - by Scythe13 - 9 February 2012, 10:07