Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating Your Own FAK (First Aid Kit)
11 February 2012, 16:11, (This post was last modified: 11 February 2012, 16:19 by Scythe13.)
Creating Your Own FAK (First Aid Kit)
Hello everyone.

I've just been looking into a FAK. There are so many different things available and LOADS of the stuff seems to be available for free. Let me explain.

Most purchased FAK's have alcohol swabs in them to sterilize equipment and clean cuts and things like that. Some of them also have syringes and needles. Many have condoms as well. Some even have a couple of vitamin bits and bobs.

Here's where it gets fun......your local drug centre will give you those things for free!

If you go to a needle exchange centre, they ask you for your details, but you give your initials, postcode, and D.O.B. and that is all (that's all at the one I used to go to).

After that you can get small syringes (1-5ml I think), and small needles (yellow or orange), which are for heroin users. They also give you vitamin C stuff, alcohol swabs, and stuff like that.

Say you're on steroids and you get loads of needles (blue and green) you get bigger syringes (5-25ml), you get alcohol swabs as well. Some places even provide small plasters. Which will kit you up pretty well.

I think you can even get some of those blue gloves to keep your hands clean.

That's most the stuff in the medical kits already.

If you want condoms and things like that (good for water storage) check out the family planning clinic. Yeah.....beat the system.

If nobody wants to go down that route, I'm going to be getting loads soon, so feel free to drop me a PM.
Links you might want to check out

http://www.harmreduction.co.uk

http://www.harmreduction.co.uk/p/112/Homeless_Pack.html

Messages In This Thread
Creating Your Own FAK (First Aid Kit) - by Scythe13 - 11 February 2012, 16:11
RE: Creating Your Own FAK (First Aid Kit) - by uks - 11 February 2012, 16:55