Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food Storage and Introduction
4 October 2011, 22:11,
Food Storage and Introduction
Hi guys,

My first post here. I was glad to find this forum, the big USA forums are not really that relevant to us in the UK, although there is still useful info to be gleaned from them.

I've always been interested in survival. I was one of those kids that got the SAS Handbook for Christmas instead of the Beano annual.

I've been reading up recently on how to prepare for the worst case scenario and how to protect myself and my family. I will probably have lots of questions. Big Grin

Anyway, food. I've started stockpiling tinned and dried food. Beans, rice, etc. I aim to have enough to survive on for at least 6 months if I need it. I have a secure, dry, cool and well hidden place to stock it on my property. My question is, what kinds of foods are you lot stockpiling? The whole beans and rice thing is well and good, but it's a bit bland. Any pointers on storage and other types of food that will last long enough not to need replaced for at least 2 to 3 years?

Finally, this forum is an excellent idea. I was looking for an introductions section, did I miss it? I look forward to sharing my pessimism with you all. Tongue

Messages In This Thread
Food Storage and Introduction - by sc1 - 4 October 2011, 22:11
RE: Food Storage and Introduction - by JD1 - 5 October 2011, 07:01
RE: Food Storage and Introduction - by Sphinx - 10 January 2012, 10:26
RE: Food Storage and Introduction - by Skean Dhude - 5 October 2011, 11:23
RE: Food Storage and Introduction - by JD1 - 5 October 2011, 16:30
RE: Food Storage and Introduction - by sc1 - 5 October 2011, 18:52
RE: Food Storage and Introduction - by sc1 - 6 October 2011, 12:55
RE: Food Storage and Introduction - by Survival - 9 January 2012, 23:12
RE: Food Storage and Introduction - by Kenneth Eames - 10 January 2012, 06:59
RE: Food Storage and Introduction - by sc1 - 10 January 2012, 10:25