Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Safe Haven - if there is such a thing
8 April 2012, 06:42,
Safe Haven - if there is such a thing
One thing that I ponder on a lot is how to protect myself, my family and my stores in a post SHTF scenario. I have mentioned in other posts that I am building a large store of food and supplies and there lies the problem.

Such is the size of my stores that I am also hindered by it because I am immobile. If any wandering gangs of half starved chavs, or anyone else got wind of it, I would be a target like no other.

One attractive possibility is to buy a 7.5 t box van and fill the back with my supplies, ready to move to a safer location if needed.

That safer location would most likely be a remote industrial unit that can easily be defended on all sides, few windows, large enough to house the truck and my family, and have several floors.

There are actually quite a lot of places like this, so I am spoiled for choice. I favour this over my house because it would be easier to defend, much less of an obvious residence and I could "grey out2 more easily.

I have no doubt that there will be the odd chancer who comes across this place, but with enough weapons at my disposal, I should be able to scare them off or dispatch them if they come too close.

Somewhere backing onto water would be advantageous as it offers more protection and I have a number of filters, so drinking water would not be a problem. An industrial unit with 1 entrance and no windows would be best, as we could move around inside without the worry of being detected, and if we seal the door, we would have plenty of warning if anyone tried to break in.

A few rotting corpses scattered outside would also make it a less attractive proposal for any passers by. Not nice, but there should be an abundance of these around in the post SHTF world.

Messages In This Thread
Safe Haven - if there is such a thing - by Weyoun - 8 April 2012, 06:42