Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Where's everyone bugging out to?
21 April 2012, 23:07,
RE: Where's everyone bugging out to?
This is a pretty personal question, but curiosity will always be answered (sometime the answer is no....in my experience haha).

I believe that when a situation is bad enough in my area, to make people leave, everyone will be using the roads, so I'm not looking at that route. A motorbike is something I'm considering, but will take much more investigation...and funding haha.

As for where I'm going......well, as WnC says, people think moving to the woods and having a BOB will keep them alive. That's not true....at all!!! I've modified the contents of my BOB to make it adaptable into a 'KBSHS' kit (knowledge based second home system). What I mean by this is that my bag provides enough knowledge to survive in the woods, but also to start construction on a second home/house/shelter. The bulk of my system is personal experience....which is something I'm working on daily.

There is a guy called Tom Brown who is an absolute legend in the survival/wilderness world. He doesn't recommend taking loads of tools and all that. He says "Grab your knife and go on a walk in the woods....for a year." Obviously I'm nowhere near his level. I'm not even at the level most the Scouts that I work with are at haha. But my system is to allow me the capabilities to build a second home if need be. I say this because I am so uncertain of the area I live in, but also because I don't know what the circumstances that force me out of my home would be. If it's just a fire in the house, then my kit will keep me a few days until I get somewhere else sorted.

But...I'm heading into the woods as WnC says. The only difference with many preppers and me (and TL now) is that we're learning to make the idea of surviving in the woods a skills and experience based reality.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
Where's everyone bugging out to? - by Jan - 21 April 2012, 11:00
RE: Where's everyone bugging out to? - by bigpaul - 21 April 2012, 11:36
RE: Where's everyone bugging out to? - by Bucket - 21 April 2012, 15:06
RE: Where's everyone bugging out to? - by bigpaul - 21 April 2012, 16:41
RE: Where's everyone bugging out to? - by Tonka - 21 April 2012, 22:05
RE: Where's everyone bugging out to? - by Nemesis - 21 April 2012, 22:29
RE: Where's everyone bugging out to? - by Scythe13 - 21 April 2012, 23:07
RE: Where's everyone bugging out to? - by Tonka - 22 April 2012, 00:00
RE: Where's everyone bugging out to? - by Nemesis - 22 April 2012, 00:07