Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connunications update following Polls:
9 July 2012, 11:07,
RE: Connunications update following Polls:
NR

Your comment on adding a burner to a CB set tells me that I am not getting my message cross properly.

Power is going to be a difficult to source commodity in a grid down world. Burners, quite literally burn energy and that rules them out for me. In fact I tend to favour solutions that consume absolute minimal power to get the job done. The extra groundwave range you will get by increasing power will be extremely poor, most likely you'll just end up talking to some poor Spaniar or Italian, if he's got similar power capability that is..... your signals will be luiterally over the heads of UK based preppers who will not be able to hear them at all. Trust me on this, its reality.

Each of us needs to assess who we want to hear transmitting, who we want to transmit to ( and importantly who we do not want to transmit to), over what area do we want our transmissions heard?

I predict the needs will overlay pretty neatly with SD's comms needs list. These will be close range, medium range and national. Personally I have a need for International comms as well, but I recognse that I am an exception to the rule.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Lightspeed - 9 July 2012, 11:07
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Tdvsko - 28 September 2012, 20:02
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Paul - 28 September 2012, 20:51
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Paul - 31 October 2012, 14:06
Morse. A dead man walking code. - by Paul - 30 October 2012, 20:33
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Paul - 31 October 2012, 14:45
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Paul - 31 October 2012, 16:55
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Paul - 31 October 2012, 18:19
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Paul - 31 October 2012, 18:44
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Paul - 31 October 2012, 20:35