Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CB SSB transmission test TOMORROW 4th August
3 August 2012, 14:54,
CB SSB transmission test TOMORROW 4th August
Yesterday 27 Mhz long range transmissions were back in business across much of europe. UK CB stations were heard talking transatlanttic without any problems.

With these conditions set to last a few days, I think a little transmission experiment could be fun.

I am currently on the continent, in a territory who's government has already implemented the EU recommendations which permit Sideband CB operations.

Tomorrow morning from 08.00 to 09.00 UK time I intend to set up a portable station and transmit in the direction of UK. I intend to do the same in the evening, but my other half may have different ideas, so I'll post here during the day tomorrow to spot frequencies and time.

Tomorrow morning I will be calling regularly on The european band Ch 10 =27.075MHz, and Ch38 = 27.385MHz. Mostly I will call on USB ( Upper Side Band) but occasionally will also call on FM. Callsign I will use is EU148 ( Echo Uniform 148)

UK should be single skip range from my current location, so if conditions hold there is a good chance that my signals will be receiveable provided they are not walked over by high powered Italian and Spanish statons! ....why is it taht so many Italian statons are located in echoey bathrooms?...I never understood that. maybe that's what makes them so loud??

Cheers and Beers

Lightspeed.

72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

Messages In This Thread
CB SSB transmission test TOMORROW 4th August - by Lightspeed - 3 August 2012, 14:54