Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feeling Down.
16 August 2012, 09:37, (This post was last modified: 16 August 2012, 09:39 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Feeling Down.
We are in the same boat as you, Wife is doing two jobs to keep our heads above water but the combined wages now push her earnings past £35 k so now they take 40% income tax off her and they have just hit her with a tax bill for £1300. We give thanks that we have supplies set aside of we would prolly be close to destitute now. We are talking about scrapping either her 4x4 or my van cos its just constant demands for tax, maintenence and fuel.

After the fire last September in our living room ( we are STILL fighting the claim) we decided after many months of wrangling not to bother with contents insurance as its worthless and only keep the essential bricks and morter insurance. Vehicle wise all ours are now TPF&T only

Food shopping wish we now only basic basics IE Spuds etc no more precut chips, fish fingers, TV dinners etc, its Milk, eggs, Spuds, assorted veg, fresh fruit, fresh fish if on offer. Most our shopping is done at the famers market now IE 13 KG of spuds for £6.50

I two hope for TEOTWAWKI because the three main political parties in the UK have *ucked us blind. Last nights news was a good idea, to give the British elederly the safe care they need will cost the tax payers £1.5 Billion pounds, money the govt says it cannot afford. BUT in the same news program the same government annouced that it was increasing foreign aid money by XXX amount to more than £9 billion pounds a year.

My wife and I talked till about midnight on this subject of how all the main parties are shafting us and i came to the conclusions if you are a labourite, trade unionists, tory or city worker then it looks like you are going to become my enemy,.

You Sir are like many of us ex forces types, and equally like many NHS and civvy uniformed services, you have been ass *ucked by both types of government. Labours Agenda for change saw my wifes pay cut by £300 a month, the Tories have not given her a wage rise for 2 years, but they have cut her tax allowances.

Then of course under traitor Blair they stole our Mortgage Tax relief, then the Married persons tax relief, then they raided our pension funds, doubled council tax, let houses become unaffordable, let millions of immigrants take our jobs and turn our cities into battle fields.

I feel sorry for anyone in our mess but not those who voted tory , liberal or labour because you have got the exact government you wanted.

Some southern veterans and others living darn sarf are taking advantage of the huge variation in house prices tween the regions, IE selling up in the south east and moving north east to areas like mine where you can still buy family houses in villages for under £60K
Paul I'm ex services as well, I joined as a boy soldier in 72, finished as a serjeant in the LI, but the way this country treats its ordionary citizens and servicemen means I am now an ardent republican , anti european and would love to see our government collapse into chaos.

Messages In This Thread
Feeling Down. - by Paul - 16 August 2012, 07:37
RE: Feeling Down. - by TOF - 16 August 2012, 08:25
RE: Feeling Down. - by Prepaday - 16 August 2012, 09:19
RE: Feeling Down. - by NorthernRaider - 16 August 2012, 09:37
RE: Feeling Down. - by Tigs - 16 August 2012, 11:22
RE: Feeling Down. - by Skean Dhude - 16 August 2012, 12:43
RE: Feeling Down. - by Barneyboy - 16 August 2012, 12:53
RE: Feeling Down. - by Paul - 16 August 2012, 12:57
RE: Feeling Down. - by 00111001 - 16 August 2012, 13:22
RE: Feeling Down. - by Hrusai - 17 August 2012, 04:58
RE: Feeling Down. - by The Local Ned - 17 August 2012, 18:31