Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mounting PV panels in gardens ( For nemesis)
31 August 2012, 07:25,
RE: Mounting PV panels in gardens ( For nemesis)
(30 August 2012, 23:38)The Local Ned Wrote: Was a genuine question lads.

Understandably there will be glare then...so if anybody has ideas of using PV at their BOL then there is a possible compromise to OPSEC then , unless in a situation with a very restricted viewing angle.

Alternatives ? small wind turbine type thing ?pros and cons compared with PV ?

My thinking has always been PV = fragile and not 'squaddy proof' ?
Windpower = also dependent on suitable weather conditions for maximun effect.
Mechanical = waterwheel type , also semi-dependent on decent rainfall for maximum effect , unless on coastline.

I'm interested in PV , but most of my research at the moment is on these Permanent Magnetic Generators , and if they are viable or just a quirky gimmick.

Video

Good Point TLN, I'd not thought of the glare issue.

IDEA: In open, flatish East Anglan type territory, maybe setting up PV cells in a shallow open pit arrangemnt would do the trick at a BOL? PV works best when the sun is shining direcly onto the cells and it is the angling of the cells to pick up best low angle sunsight that is oing to have the greatest chance of unwanted glare. By mounting slightly below ground level you'd sacrifice low angle sunshine of course. This only cures the problem at BOLs that are not overlooked from higher ground / buildings.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mounting PV panels in gardens ( For nemesis) - by Lightspeed - 31 August 2012, 07:25