Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we talk about a BASIC UNIVERSAL simple PV kit for preppers.
3 September 2012, 13:46,
RE: Can we talk about a BASIC UNIVERSAL simple PV kit for preppers.
@Skvez

What I am being told and was told in the past as well, that yes you can use multiple regulators and that they won't see each other, ill quote.

quote:

You do not have to chain, them. link them in any special way, etc. You just connect them both to the same battery bank. Neither one knows about the other, but since they both see the same battery voltage they work together. It does work best if they both have the same stage voltage settings, but even that is not 100% necessary, since during the bulk stage they both will be sourcing current rather than trying to set a voltage.

Unquote.

another fellow said on the 3rd June 2012:

quote:

If you have more panel wattage than your controller can input, then you must use 2 or more controllers as separate solar panel arrays. However there is no problem for multiple controllers to serve a common battery if that is what you want to do. In fact Xantrex makes a communication cable to wire between controllers to do exactly that function. You program one controller to be the Master, and the rest are Slaves.

Unquote.

And then the same fellow posted directley to me:

Quote:

You can but would be foolish to do so. A 10 amp PWM controller at 12 volt battery is limited to roughly 170 watt maximum input power, and 340 watts @ 24 volts. Do yourself a favor and buy yourself a good 30 to 60 amps MPPT charge controller. It will be much less expensive in the long run. In your location if you use say a 500 watt panel input on a PWM CC will generate as much a 300 watt panel with MPPT.

Unquote.

Like I said no real clear answer, I think what this is pointing to I might have to get hold of this Xantrex CC plus that lead, and have this option to slave CC.

Why is this so important, I already own 4 CC's three of them PWM as these are quite cheap, only one is MTTP as you know these can be quite expensive, my MTTP is 30A which can run 360watt, already I have 400 watt connected to it, and spare panels in stores, this is why I want to know about connection Multiple CC as post shtf I would like the added power and know my system won't fry if I chain link.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can we talk about a BASIC UNIVERSAL simple PV kit for preppers. - by Nemesis - 3 September 2012, 13:46