Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need arrow reccomendations please
31 August 2012, 16:17, (This post was last modified: 31 August 2012, 16:27 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Need arrow reccomendations please
The cost of arrows is quite high and as we are all on a budget I'm wondering if we can get what we want from the 28 inch target arrows of the type that come with the Banshee, They are rated up to 40 ft pounds according to the stickers on the shaft, and actually they are highly affordable mail order as ready made arrows.

I was wondering if we could find a way to reasonably reprofile the semi blunt target head into something sharper by perhaps grinding it on a bench grinder. We would need to be careful not to affect the accuracy and stability of the arrow and also not cut away two much of the alloy point.

Do any of our craftsmen have a suggestion as to how best resharpen these blunt points to something more erm !!!! Practical for preppers ?
BTW I asked Barnett in the US`t reccomend a field arrow for the Banshee and they declined saying its only for target use!!!, Guess they fear litigation.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need arrow reccomendations please - by Nemesis - 30 August 2012, 21:58
RE: Need arrow reccomendations please - by bigpaul - 31 August 2012, 09:06
RE: Need arrow reccomendations please - by NorthernRaider - 31 August 2012, 16:17