Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolving Opsec at RVs
30 August 2012, 23:15,
Evolving Opsec at RVs
I'm very reluctantly coming round to some other members beliefs that Opsec arounds RVs is going to have to change the way society and our community is evolving, I think for example open welcomes to all at an RV are going the way of the dodo.
I noted SD's sudden concerns about the open RV at the 2012 Wilderness gathering among other peoples privacy and security concens, I think that sadly these concerns are in fact just and we are going to have to adapt accordingly, I find that need really very saddening cos I loved the free and open sense of camerarderie that went with open RVs.

I think that until the general atmosphere of slight fear, genuine concerns and operational necessity changes again that future gatherings will need to be invite only or sponsored invites from establish members for people unknown to us for any length of time.
Bit of a bugger but sadly times they are a changing and not for the better. Mind you if you personally still like open unregulated get togethers more power to you,but I fear turnout is going to decline as time goes by.
NR

Messages In This Thread
Evolving Opsec at RVs - by NorthernRaider - 30 August 2012, 23:15
RE: Evolving Opsec at RVs - by Skean Dhude - 30 August 2012, 23:31
RE: Evolving Opsec at RVs - by NorthernRaider - 31 August 2012, 09:25
RE: Evolving Opsec at RVs - by IB1 - 31 August 2012, 07:39
RE: Evolving Opsec at RVs - by TOF - 31 August 2012, 08:55
RE: Evolving Opsec at RVs - by bigpaul - 31 August 2012, 09:12