Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Item on Sky News about food
5 September 2012, 20:32, (This post was last modified: 5 September 2012, 20:37 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Item on Sky News about food
(5 September 2012, 20:15)Barneyboy Wrote:
(5 September 2012, 19:53)NorthernRaider Wrote: My wife just picked up on this mornings BBC show that interviewed this single mother who said she was so poor she actually had to miss meals very often so her little boy could eat. wifey noticed the woman was at least size 18 to 20 and commented that she (wifey) probably missed more meals than this lardarse as part of her weightwatchers diet.

yeah i saw it she was taking the piss but my prob lies when they are ill or do need it mate thats all

Well if I set aside my inherant prejudices ( yes I admit I'm a bigot) the issue is the same because in both the Daily Mail, and Ch4 (IIRC) and a few other news sources in recent months I keep reading that very often the poor bastards going to the food banks are working class and middle class families who have been driven to the brink by rising costs, negative equity in their homes, unemployment etc. So I reckon 80% of those using food banks are genuinely in great need.

So what does that tell us? Yup the welfare system does not work, often its helping scroungers and foreigners rather than needy tax payers or genuine cases, AND the system is failing fast (EG Greece and Spains starving masses) which gets me back to my original assumption from this morning that TSHTF in 2008 and its getting worse as time goes by.

Caring is a good thing its what defines human kindness, my concern is WHO and HOW many do you help and when do you stop and focus on caring for those who have the best chance of surviving the coming nightmare, I suggest respectfully that it is preppers and survivalists uniting to ensure OUR extended families and groups survive is the best use of very finite resources ?
Did you also see the footage from Middlesbrough BTW, it was actually from Port Clarence on the other side of the River. In 1985 the council did a partial refit of all the homes there, tarted up the school and started a self help club, creche, computer club etc. In 1993 they blew another £27 million City Challenge money knocking down many of the houses they have refurbished and built many new ones plus more investment in Sure Starts, Job Clubs, Enterprise initiatives etc, they even opened a community farm. Within 5 years most of the houses were vandalised wrecks cos the tennents trashed the place. Most of the area is now derelict and the only people to blame are the chavs who lived there. But according to the do gooders these toerags are just victims not being GIVEN their fair share of the nations wealth.

Messages In This Thread
Item on Sky News about food - by NorthernRaider - 4 September 2012, 20:13
RE: Item on Sky News about food - by Skean Dhude - 4 September 2012, 20:57
RE: Item on Sky News about food - by NorthernRaider - 4 September 2012, 22:11
RE: Item on Sky News about food - by Carnebwen - 4 September 2012, 21:44
RE: Item on Sky News about food - by Skean Dhude - 4 September 2012, 23:35
RE: Item on Sky News about food - by bigpaul - 5 September 2012, 09:07
RE: Item on Sky News about food - by NorthernRaider - 5 September 2012, 09:11
RE: Item on Sky News about food - by HunterNurturer - 5 September 2012, 19:07
RE: Item on Sky News about food - by Barneyboy - 5 September 2012, 19:39
RE: Item on Sky News about food - by bigpaul - 5 September 2012, 09:17
RE: Item on Sky News about food - by NorthernRaider - 5 September 2012, 09:19