Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summary of arrow modification experiment
12 September 2012, 18:20,
RE: Summary of arrow modification experiment
(12 September 2012, 17:40)Paul Wrote: Good article NR.
I was reading about arrow balance and applied power.
It seems to be an issue with broad points where too little power and a heavy tip causes them to 'lob' into a target boss as opposed to fly.
I wonder if that's what's going on there regarding the accuracy.
Just a thought.

That sounds to be a 100% accurate interpretation Paul, the 60g steel tip does appear to "lob" in a wobbly fashion, and I think your equally correct that if the bow was more powerful than its current 25 Ft pound draw the lob would be corrected.

I've been practising all afternoon with all three types of arrow using all three of my bows and the ultra light middle quality Easton Blues XX75 alloy arrows with the solid insert type point are clearly winning overal, accuracy, penetration being the primary considerations.

So if I had an intruder in mid winter wearing thick clothes I would choose the modified arrows, but for anything else the standard Easton Blues appear to be to mutts nutts, Its only a pity I'm not rich like Nemesis and Light Speed and was able to afford a chronograph

Messages In This Thread
RE: Summary of arrow modification experiment - by Paul - 12 September 2012, 17:40
RE: Summary of arrow modification experiment - by NorthernRaider - 12 September 2012, 18:20