Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NR needs information on certain BUDGET compound bows
15 October 2012, 19:54,
Exclamation  NR needs information on certain BUDGET compound bows
If you guys dont mind I'll explain my logic later when I've got it sorted in my head, but the help I want is if you see or come across any BUDGET compound bows under say £150 will you check to see if its strung with polyester or other synthetic cord, or is is strung with coated steel wire.

If its strung with steel wire coated or uncoated will you let me know please.

I'm looking at the conceptualising of a utilitarian compound bow and I'm let to believe steel wire strung bows tend to not need restringing as often as twine strung bows.

The more I look at propper compound bows the more impressed i become with them , However its equally true to say to get the best from a compound bow you need to fit all sorts of extras, this means far more to clean, adjust or go wrong with is the antithesis of what a survival bow should be.

Why am I focusing on compounds rather than simple recurves?? not sure but LENGTH is a major concern a preppers EDC bow really needs to be compact for transport, caching, patroling or shooting in confined spaces. And I've not seen and AFFORDABLE compact recurves under 3 ft long that have any useful poundage.

So if you see budget compounds on sale in your local shops etc and they are wire strung, give me the nod please with the make and model.

Ta muchly
NR

Messages In This Thread
NR needs information on certain BUDGET compound bows - by NorthernRaider - 15 October 2012, 19:54