Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Choosing between a compound, recurve or crossbow
16 October 2012, 13:30,
RE: Choosing between a compound, recurve or crossbow
if i were you i'd try all 3 and see what feels most natural, at the end of the day there are a few major points for each.

a recurve is by far the simplest in my opinion, just flexible material and string, whack an arrow in pull it back and fire, very little to go wrong with it Smile

a compound is better for hunting as its easier to hold back when at full draw than a recurve, but it has more moving parts and more to go wrong with it.

a crossbow is easier to shoot with if your used to shooting a rifle, as its a similar configuration, but the mechanism to hold back the string can go wrong, and they can a bitch to restring xD, it also holds the shot ready without any effort, but the reload takes a while

personally all things considered, i would go for a decent breakdown hunting recurve as it will take up little space in your BOB or GHB and theres not very much chance of it going wrong either Smile....but as with anything to become proficient enough with the bow you will need to use it extensively and get alot of practise in, but you would with anything else you wish to use as well Smile

anyway thats my opinion, but i would defer to anyone with more experience Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Choosing between a compound, recurve or crossbow - by Hrusai - 16 October 2012, 13:30