Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potassium permanganate to treat skin infections
29 October 2012, 18:30,
Potassium permanganate to treat skin infections
For those not aware, potassium permanganate can be used to treat a load of skin infections & is available over the counter. It is a bit pricey as those darlings that manufacture it have decided to increase the price from £5 for 30 tablets to £20!!! Angry

I get them on prescription (along with tons of other useful meds - as much as I can convince the dr to give me, all for £12 a month) so if you want to stock them in your FAK, maybe have a friendly chat with your GP for a NHS prescription.

Treats thinks like athletes foot, fungal infections, infected wounds, exzema (which I have) & other skin related things people would ordinarily use antibiotics for. If an event does happen, it could possibly save your life.

Can also treat water to make it safe to drink.

When a few drops of neat anti freeze are mixed with it, it combusts nicely. Erm... Allegedly. I'm far too sensible to have tried that Big Grin

***External Use ONLY, unless used in very very small quantities to treat water***

Messages In This Thread
Potassium permanganate to treat skin infections - by Geordie_Rob - 29 October 2012, 18:30