Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trompe
8 November 2012, 08:37,
Trompe
I debated whether or not to post this and in the end, felt it might be worthy of discussion.
Bill Mollison spoke of this device in the second video of his Permaculture Design & Certificate Course (which is available through torrent, although I can attempt to upload this one video if there is any interest)

[Image: Trompe.jpg]

(Forgive my amazing artistic skills haha)

Because the water enters the chamber faster than the air can rise, it is pushed down, isothermically compressing it as it goes.
The gas can be used to power a generator and all manner of tools, a car with a 2 cubic foot tank could run 300 miles and because the air is isothermically compressed, it is cold... a hose leading into an insulated room would give you an instant cold room for storage.

I do not have a working knowledge of this, which is my main reason for posting. Although trompes have been in existence for MANY hundreds of years, there is very little information available and I fear I have done a bad job of explaining what little I have learned...it would have probably taken less time to upload the video haha!
I've never actually uploaded anything before, so if you would like to watch it without downloading the torrent, perhaps someone could suggest a site where I could upload the 85min video, I would greatly appreciate it.

Have a nice day Smile

Messages In This Thread
Trompe - by LiveItUp - 8 November 2012, 08:37
RE: Trompe - by Skean Dhude - 8 November 2012, 09:28
RE: Trompe - by PrepperJohn - 8 November 2012, 09:55
RE: Trompe - by LiveItUp - 8 November 2012, 10:13
RE: Trompe - by Scythe13 - 8 November 2012, 11:37
RE: Trompe - by LiveItUp - 6 December 2012, 09:16