Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My poor, sweet, ugly, shocking, beautiful interwebs
18 November 2012, 22:26,
RE: My poor, sweet, ugly, shocking, beautiful interwebs
I've seen this directly on certain forum's as well.
If you win an argument against some lefty pc type, you point out things fair and square, they go running to a moderator who has an axe to grind, then you get bashed with a ban.
Now back ten years ago the internet was a glorious frontier, a great unknown, a wild west with big dreams.
Then every man and his dog got on board. Some good, others bad.

ONLY the small forum's have weathered the 'change', the big forums and social networks have formed part of the mainstream.

The nasty stuff on the internet; I only really noticed in the past couple years due to a mainstreaming and increased desensitisation of peoples minds.

I'm a writer in my spare time and one of the things in a fictional universe I've created is that the internet (called nexus) is essentially 'planned' and is much more controlled so you can only access content within nations, to actually see the 'internet' in other parts of the globe you have to pass through 'gateways'. If you want to go through these without identifying yourself you need a 'hacker' etc etc.

Anyway, it could be the internet regulation has only just started folks.
There are places left, proxy-sites and even 'dark-net' areas that stay off the google search bots map.... Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: My poor, sweet, ugly, shocking, beautiful interwebs - by CovertRunning - 18 November 2012, 22:26