Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long before fuel becomes 'unaffordable'
19 November 2012, 17:55,
How long before fuel becomes 'unaffordable'
i posted about this on an automotive forum i frequent, got some useful info about bio fuels and the such, just wanted your take on the issue.

petrol prices have gone up 94% since 2002, between 1992 and 2002 they rose 60% but less than 10% the 10 years before that.

i drive one of the most economical budget (under £1000) cars you can get, but its still costs me £6 a day to get to and from work. thats an hour i have to work before it is even worth me being there.

oil is a non renewable resource and its price will only go up at an exponential rate as fas as im concerned.

and tax is the same, as we all find ways of saving money and paying less tax towards the government (quiting smoking, drinking less, working cash in hand, getting better emmision cars etc) as well as high unemployment (less income tax being paid, but having to pay out more in benefits)the government has to find a way to fill that deficit.
they will do this by upping the tax on the one thing we 'need', fuel.

i spend nearly £200 on fuel a month, thats 20% of my income, just to get palces.

i could not afford it if it went up but another 50%. and if/when they bring in new tax/mot/insurance rules and make older cars impossible to run (another scheme to fill their pockets), could i afford a new £10K car? could you?

Messages In This Thread
How long before fuel becomes 'unaffordable' - by BillyTheKid - 19 November 2012, 17:55