Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Q about radio signals in current climate
25 November 2012, 13:40,
RE: Quick Q about radio signals in current climate
(25 November 2012, 10:45)NorthernRaider Wrote: Thanks chaps I appreciate your information and advice, I dont want to sound negative or troublesome but the more I learn about radios and the various frequencies / systems the more I believe they wont be of any use to my group, They are just too limited and ineffective for practical use. At best on a clear day with line of site you still require LUCK to be on your side to be guarenteed any decent range from a handheld set, and in a normal urban or hilly, or wooded environment and / or day days with rain or low cloud their use is apparently even more limited.

I think RV points and couriers will be better suited to my own groups needs and the topograpghy in Co Durham.

Maybe its time to think of other ways of sending meassages,..... one that I would love to try would be the use of dogs,.. they have been used in many wars to convey messages,... and its reaonably easy to train them, providing you have two people intested enough,...start by releasing a dog to another person who calls the dog,.. when the dog gets there praise and reward,...increase the distance bit by bit,...start having the second person go out of sight,..provided that the dog finds this a good game, and gets rewarded for his efforts he will do this every time

http://www.metsahovi.fi/~mtt/viestikuvia/#training

A major part of survival is invisibility.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quick Q about radio signals in current climate - by Highlander - 25 November 2012, 13:40