Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CB and HAM'S radio equipment looking to buy
13 January 2013, 18:39,
CB and HAM'S radio equipment looking to buy
I would like to ask the following question.

I am interested in Purchasing a CB radio and HAM's equipment due to sitting my foundation license exam for amauter radio in march so I can begin operating. What I would like to ask is what would you recommend based on the following information below:

Things I want the radios to be:

1)Long battery life
2) If it has to be connected to power source low power usage but high broadcast distance
3) able to join in any SUK radio comms
4) able to broadcast over long distance not really with CB but definately with HAM's
4) Complicated Radios are not a issue I will learn if necessary day and night how to use them
5) That will last a long time and take wear and tear well ( I want built to last radios)
6) that can be used with a foundation license or with intermediate license
7) If possible the radios to communicate with PMR handsets.
8) HAM'S radio does not have to be portable.
9) The Communication equipment to provide as clear as possible broadcasts that are the easiest to understand with as little interference as possible.

Price is not a issue I can spend upto £300-450 if necessary for very long lasting equipment

If you think this list is unreasonable let me know. Thank You for your time I apoligise for bad spelling and bad punctuation

Messages In This Thread
CB and HAM'S radio equipment looking to buy - by Tdvsko - 13 January 2013, 18:39