Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maintenance for readiness sake!
21 January 2013, 21:20,
Maintenance for readiness sake!
Well this year the wife and I have started a major round of home maintenance. Whilst this might not sound all that "preppy" its well worth bearing in mind that in the event of a crisis its highly likely that we will all need our homes in A1 condition. With weather patterns taking a definate turn for the worse and economic pressures on power supplies worsening we should all re-assess our homes. We have just had our loft insulation topped up free of charge by British Gas. We had our cavity walls done about 2 years ago too. Our aim is to have a log burning stove installed before the spring. Outside I have de-mossed our roof to prevent water penetration of the tiles and cleaned out and generally overhauled the guttering. Some minor repairs are needed to our roof and eaves and we have those arranged with a roofer (as soon as the snow permits!).

Other projects for later in the year will include garden border veg growing and a supply locker for the garden. I want to install water barrels to gather rainwater too. All in all a busy year ahead!!
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)

Messages In This Thread
Maintenance for readiness sake! - by Northumbriman - 21 January 2013, 21:20
RE: Maintenance for readiness sake! - by Metroyeti - 21 January 2013, 21:22
RE: Maintenance for readiness sake! - by Highlander - 21 January 2013, 22:32