Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Butter IS better for you than Marge
15 February 2013, 21:49,
RE: Butter IS better for you than Marge
(9 February 2013, 20:19)Metroyeti Wrote:
(8 February 2013, 10:12)NorthernRaider Wrote: "Sniff" personally I think they should be DNA testing all these mechanically recovered meats imported into the UK from Europe, I honestly and seriously believe tha sooner or later it will come out that their is just about every type of " meat" being sold as beef probably including goat, pig, human, dog, cat, etc EG why did tesco sell a packet of sausages yesterday with a human tooth in it !!!
In Latvia or Estonia some poor sod found a birds beak in his mince !!!
When eldon square had the underground bus station I know a lad who found shoelace in his donner kebab. Price of meat, tax ect Does make you wonder how many people cut corners and get cheap meat. Me mates dad used to get sheep from the pub, the "butcher" would drive around peoples fields till he hit something, butcher it in his bath then flog it to order

Add to the recent events alot of horse abatoirs are in romania,come september all the emploies will be trying to get into the uk
well, how about that?
as it is clears romanian abattoir sold the horse meat to the french food producer as ordered. french company knew about the difference in price between horse meat and beef.

i know in some countries it is moral tabu to eat horse meat. same as dog meat or any house pet meat.

i live in estonia and eating the horse meat is not the tabu here.
of course, you are not going to get some horse meat steak in any restaurant here, and you are not going to be able to purchase the horse meat in the supermarket.
but you are most certainly going to find the horse meat in the local smoked sausages in small proportions. it is normal for our region for the centuries. and of course all butchered animals are inspected as the traditional "usual" meat animals.

funny how previously rich people in ireland for whom the horse has been the singe of status started to send their horses to the abattoirs. and for example in sweden there are about 100 000 horses unaccounted for since 2000!
http://www.thelocal.se/46170/20130213/

i'm sure there are lot of countries now where the rat meat is sort of delicacy. i wouldn't eat it now for sure, but who know what happen in ten or so years?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Butter IS better for you than Marge - by bigpaul - 7 February 2013, 14:35
RE: Butter IS better for you than Marge - by bigpaul - 7 February 2013, 19:09
RE: Butter IS better for you than Marge - by bigpaul - 7 February 2013, 19:26
RE: Butter IS better for you than Marge - by MaryN - 7 February 2013, 21:32
RE: Butter IS better for you than Marge - by uks - 8 February 2013, 09:02
RE: Butter IS better for you than Marge - by bigpaul - 8 February 2013, 09:45
RE: Butter IS better for you than Marge - by Ranger - 9 February 2013, 20:06
RE: Butter IS better for you than Marge - by ErikEst - 15 February 2013, 21:49