Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Band of Brothers, Series....yes it's fitness.
9 February 2013, 21:13,
RE: Band of Brothers, Series....yes it's fitness.
(9 February 2013, 20:57)Highlander Wrote:
(9 February 2013, 15:39)Scythe13 Wrote: To be fair, I think running-n-gunning is a good skill to learn. If you need to get out of somewhere, or get to somewhere and shoot, I'd rather be practiced.
I think you are probably right, it would be a good skill,.. but I spent much of my military life in a recce platoon, where we learnt that evasion is a better skill, we were told that if we had to fire at the enemy, we had made a big mistake

See and not be seen,.. or as my signature says,.. a major part of survival is invisibility

I agree. But I think a lot of people are underestimating the need for fitness. People talk about shooting arrows and stuff like that. When under pressure (simulated by running for example) how easy will it be to shoot accurately? Not very.

If your family are being shot at and you run to help them, your shooting at the attackers, would it be effective and accurate, or do you not have the fitness to do one then the other (not you specifically HL, just a general question)?

I know that none of us know what it's like to be in that situation and that simulating rescuing the family isn't viable. However, the fitness part, that we can prep for and work on, is hugely over looked and often made into a joke or dismissed entirely.

In an EOTWAWKI situation, fitness will be so important, and people dont seem to realise that.

Lay low.....I agree. But you can't guarantee you'll remain undetected. Hide...no s**t, but that's not always an option. Stay under the radar, great words, but when someone kicks your door down, what are you going to do, hide in a finite space hoping for the best?

Seriously, if you had to save a loved one, could you run a mile to their side and effectively apply aid without neesing to take a minute to catch your breath? Could you escape someone that's seen you? Considering they've seen you, ducking down isn't going to work!

What about if you shoot a deer and it isn't a clean kill. Yes you can stalk it, and probably will. Suddenly your miles from home, you have to get home because it's raining or snowing or you heard a gun shot from the direction from home.

There is a reason why obesity is a pretty new phenominan. Because civilisation doesn't require fitness to survive.
What about WTSHTF and survival is dependent on fitness among other things?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Band of Brothers, Series....yes it's fitness. - by Scythe13 - 9 February 2013, 21:13