Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What situations would cause you to bug out?
25 March 2013, 14:12,
What situations would cause you to bug out?
Hi Everyone

The more I think about these things, the more 'off' (probably semi sceptical would be a better use of expression) and uncertain I am about what situations would make me move away.

The more I think about it, the more I think 'a move to Southern Italy' would be a better 'bugging out' system than running to the hills. Would involve a microlight for a channel crossing or small plane for a majority of the journey, but they're not in the pipeline for quite a while!!!

What would you but out for? I'd like genuine scenarios, not BS answers like "I'll bug out when bugging in is too dangerous". That's a total cop-out answer that says "I've not thought out the process and possibilities of when I'd have to bug out!" Example of what I mean.....I'll bug out when it's too dangerous to stay bugging in.....When exactly is that? Or have you not thought that out? Will there be riots 2 miles away? Will there be looters 3 doors away? Will it be when neighbours are fighting over a generator? Will it be when you're down to 10% of your stored food? Or what? You can't say "Each scenario must be taken differently" because as true as that is, it's also a cop out answer that says "I'm not sure yet, but will wing it when it happens." Either that, or it says "I've not thought that out enough and don't have set parameters yet as to when to cut my losses and leave." This also smacks of not being organised enough.....in my opinion.

If the answer really is "When it's too dangerous to bug in" then you're an idiot and are living in a fantasy world and have not thought out scenarios that are outside of your fantasy world's comfortable limits.

When would you bug out? When is it too dangerous? What's your point of "Okay, pack up, grab the bags, we're heading off"?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
What situations would cause you to bug out? - by Scythe13 - 25 March 2013, 14:12