Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
you will lose these things in the next great depression
31 March 2013, 12:48,
RE: you will lose these things in the next great depression
When i was a young lad 1959....most people had a big kitchen table..not odd at all ,but some familays put fencing around the legs and kept chickens..because of security...if they left them out they got taken....All gardens had veg...very few flowers, nothing and i mean nothing was ever wasted or thrown out.....even nails were pulled out and hit straight to use again...in 1968 i started my apprenticship wrangles were £5 my wage was £3.6/8 pence before stopages....took me 5 months to look cool man ....my nan was a great cook, she could make a meal from a fly,s arse....very tasty by the way.....the old pantry was always FULL of stuff she would preserve..jams,jellies,pickled onions.chutney,salted pork,cheese, you name it, you must understand that most people did this...the war years and depression times still fresh in the memories of people then....they were used to hard times....they knew how to survive alright....it was a every day event for them.....the moral of this is a simple one LEARN the skills that saved those people...the old ways will save us also...forget asda,s they will not be there....and even if they are you will have no money anyway ....it will be out of your means and reach....if you are a country bumkin or a city slicker makes no difference survival is survival it has no bounds.....nan,s baking day was always a tuesday...staight shooter was always at nan,s guess which day.....at meal times in those days twas like an event.....you never knew what was to eat ....but you were very glad that somthing was on your plate and you polished off what was ever served up....with the words muttered "eat slower" ringing in your ears.....make yourselves busy and learn the old ways...when the shit hits....we will be ready

Messages In This Thread
RE: you will lose these things in the next great depression - by Straight Shooter - 31 March 2013, 12:48