Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you REALLY need that ham license?
15 April 2013, 00:01,
RE: Do you REALLY need that ham license?
(12 April 2013, 18:30)Jonas Wrote: Skean Dhude, I don't know the laws in the UK, but here it's against the law for me to communicate with an unlicensed person on the amateur frequencies except in case of emergency with immediate threat to human life. I can't speak for all hams, but I can speak for the vast majority of hams that I know. Especially in an emergency or SHTF situation (listen to 14.300.00 USB for examples), about 99% of us WILL NOT talk with an unlicensed station or a station using a bogus call sign, and we have the ability to identify such a station very quickly and with very little effort on our parts.
Jonas, You started this thread with after TSHTF and the law disappears somy comments still stand.

This is the UK. Almost everything we want to do is illegal here. So communicating with a ham is illegal too. I'll just have to stick with people that want to work with me.

As I said though. It's for after an event and I have no interest in a hobby just a tool.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin

Messages In This Thread
Do you REALLY need that ham license? - by Jonas - 10 April 2013, 16:40
RE: Do you REALLY need that ham license? - by Skean Dhude - 15 April 2013, 00:01