Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
prepping in small spaces.
12 May 2013, 16:33, (This post was last modified: 12 May 2013, 16:46 by Mortblanc.)
RE: prepping in small spaces.
If you are going to use fake gutters why not go one step farther and use fake rain barrels?

I have several friends that have sealed plastic 55gallon barrels buried on and off their property. The ones they have on site are under flower beds and bird baths for easy location and retrieval.

One friend's raised garden beds are over a concrete vault.

My own 2,500 gallon water storage tank is disguised as a patio/porch.

As for apartment dwellers, I think I would use closed cabinet furniture, closed bookcases, file cabinets, wardrobes, stacking units, attic space. Even in my present situation I have huge under bed storage areas I created by eliminating my box springs and using a huge box with a hinged lid the size of the bed and almost a foot deep.

On several occasions I have used off site storage units until I could secure items at home.

SHTF the public storage will be a target but not as large a target as you might think. Few people store really valuable items in them anyway.

There is also the factor that if SHTF the first thing you would do would be transfer the contents to the apartment or house and stack it in the closets or a spare room and the he!! with the kids toy space, with the primary intent of beating the looters to the stash.

Messages In This Thread
prepping in small spaces. - by bigpaul - 11 May 2013, 09:56
RE: prepping in small spaces. - by bigpaul - 11 May 2013, 13:55
RE: prepping in small spaces. - by I-K-E - 11 May 2013, 14:18
RE: prepping in small spaces. - by RoadWarrior - 12 May 2013, 13:01
RE: prepping in small spaces. - by Mortblanc - 12 May 2013, 16:33
RE: prepping in small spaces. - by RoadWarrior - 12 May 2013, 17:50
RE: prepping in small spaces. - by Mooski88 - 22 May 2013, 16:26
RE: prepping in small spaces. - by The Ragman - 15 May 2013, 12:56