Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modified or Designer clothing for the EDC prepped civilian
28 January 2012, 21:12, (This post was last modified: 28 January 2012, 21:25 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Modified or Designer clothing for the EDC prepped civilian
(28 January 2012, 20:53)Deano Wrote: Me and another lad at work were thinking about getting the blade runner hoodies last year as we work nights in newcastle. I wish we could get the material and my lass could line clothing. So NR, in a SHTF situation, what would be better:

dressing as a civilian, in military gear or in security gear? I'm thinking someone in a new army uniform jacket (multicam), would have some authority over the general public, but I see how any kind of people dressed like they have a clue might become targets.
I also like bear gyrils gear, aknow people get carried away with stupidly expensive bushcraft gear, but workmans trousers are just as good.
http://uk.askmen.com/celebs/men/entertai...index.html

Deano its everyones own personal choice in clothing but I strongly encourage people to adopt the ultra low profile GREY MAN type of dress. IE blnd in with your surroundings so if you live work in a city you need urban tactical gear or modified civvy gear from say Belstaff, Bergaus, Barbour , Heriklion etc. High quality hoodies with extra internal pockets are ideal for most environment.
All the good manufacturers do a range of quality civvy kit, Web-Tex, Arktiss, 5:11 The mutts nutts in many close protection / security officers gear is the Arc'teryx Bravo Jacket. Those blade runner knife resistant hoodies are good, but not letting the twat get close enough to use a knife is better, and not being in the area when trouble kicks off is better still Smile

I feel personally Its not our role to be or look authorative, its our role to disappear, look as uninteresting and unimportant as possible, just be a passing shadow in the night. Our duty is to get home to our families safely and to be able to protect and support them independent of the state, A drunken twat on the town only has to get lucky once to ruin not only your life but that of your family.

I like the top quality civvie gear cos no one notices just another dude with his fleece or hoody walking in the shadows with his rucksack slung over one shoulder, but cop/ security/ paramil possibly or maybe end up getting you the attention you dont have time to deal with.
SAS smock = Good and part of your kit for when you reach the edge of the city and move away into the countryside.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Modified or Designer clothing for the EDC prepped civilian - by NorthernRaider - 28 January 2012, 21:12