Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outdoor Workshop / Store
19 May 2013, 21:04,
Outdoor Workshop / Store
Hi Folks,

Thought I would share with you my new outdoor workshop I built. It is 3.5 metres long by 2m wide pent.

It has 20mm cladding on the frame and 1" floorboards. First created a 6" solid concrete base for it mixed by myself and was a mare to do.

On the inside I treated all the wood with 2 coats of preservative and clad the whole lot with breathable/waterproof roofing membrane.

Next got a couple of rolls of insulation wool and separeted it in half to create thin sheets that was fitted into the spaces. To give a bit of protection to buggers cutting through the sides I fitted metal mesh.

On top of this is insulated bubble wrap I managed to got for free form a mate on a building site. This stuff is expensive for what it is. Lastly fitted plasterboard, taped and painted the applicabale magnolia.

Not that I have had electrics installed with sockets and lights.

For security I have a metal bar fitted accros the door. Purchased a nice shed alarm system from the interweb that uses an internal temprature pir sensor with built in alarm.

However it is also wirelessly linked to an external alarm on side of house. The internal shed alarm one goes off for 30 seconds then activates the one on side of house which is also solar with battery backup.

The one in shed is so loud you cant stay in it when its going off.

My one question now is if it would be wise / suitable for storing bulky food items. If so, is there a low cost way of trying to prevent wild temp fluctuations over the year. Was thinking about solar panel with 12v PC fan drawing air out of shed during the day for instance.

[Image: Base1_zpsa21be169.jpg]

[Image: Base2_zpsb6b8513f.jpg]

[Image: Insulation1_zpsb52a9019.jpg]

[Image: Sheeted1_zpsee93f3ca.jpg]

[Image: Finished1_zps919a74ed.jpg]

[Image: Workbench_zpsebc84f35.jpg]

[Image: ExtAlarm_zps179342c1.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Outdoor Workshop / Store - by Dancer - 19 May 2013, 21:04
RE: Outdoor Workshop / Store - by Metroyeti - 19 May 2013, 21:06
RE: Outdoor Workshop / Store - by Dancer - 19 May 2013, 21:09
RE: Outdoor Workshop / Store - by Highlander - 19 May 2013, 21:40