Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What to expect when the power grid goes down.
30 May 2013, 23:56,
RE: What to expect when the power grid goes down.
Hi MB

A fair point raised.

One thing I'd like to note, although I may be wrong. Many of the UK cities are very densely packed, even when compared to the US. New York probably has the highest population density on earth, so that skews the results. For me, I see the UK as a smaller area, higher density, which suggests things will travel quicker around the cities in the UK than in the US. Not that we're more efficient at communication. Just because we're a MUCH smaller area.

Wikipedia says:

New Orleans, population density is 1965 per square mile.
Manchester city has a pop density of over 5000 per square mile. Even the county of Greater Manchester has a density over that or New Orleans (but not by much).

Much of the UK cities is covered with highrise towers for people to live in. Our cities are MUVH smaller, area wise, than the US cities. With the increased density it makes me think things will happen at a faster rate.

I agree about what you said about culture too. The UK hasone of the highest violent crime rates in Europe. We have more violent crime, per capita, in the UK than you get in America. Also, with a conviction rate of around 5% for those crimes, the incentives to stop are very low.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
RE: What to expect when the power grid goes down. - by Scythe13 - 30 May 2013, 23:56