Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what use are the "old folks" when TSHTF?
3 June 2013, 21:58,
RE: So what use are the "old folks" when TSHTF?
(3 June 2013, 21:44)Sunna Wrote: what worries me come shtf what would happen to all the care homes ,when all the staff are missing or at home .
living in one of those places would be like hell on earth come shtf ......
any ideas ....?

I thought this very issue of granny farms was superbly addressed in the PA fictional novel One Second After by William R Forshen. roughly most of the wrinklies and medicine dependant including the books hero main characters daughter die out.

I think granny farms, sheltered accomodation, prisons, and many residential areas full of welfare dependant folks will quickly become charnel houses of epic proportions. Who is going to look after the senile, the demented the BSA and Cruetzfeld Jacobs disease sufferers. Who is going to pander to the housebound clinically obese and type 2 diabetics (and sadly the kids with type 1) Even the grannies who rely on meals on wheels and visting carers are going to be abandoned not to mention those poor bastards in our already flthy hospitals who cannot get out..... shudder.

Messages In This Thread
RE: So what use are the "old folks" when TSHTF? - by NorthernRaider - 3 June 2013, 21:58