Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found AFFORDABLE DIESEL Genny £365 on fleabay
6 June 2013, 23:05,
RE: Found AFFORDABLE DIESEL Genny £365 on fleabay
I am with BP on this one. Having owned a couple of gennies and having bough replacement engines for them and kit such as rotivators, including buying at auction and Ebay, let me tell you that will be nothing more than cheap Chinese crap.

Sure, Chinese stuff can be decent, but when you find someone not displaying a brand, or saying it is licened from XYZ company, you know it is not going to be good. I have stripped a couple of Honda 5.5hp engines and done the same to a couple of 'Chonda' non licenced copies. All of the Honda engines were put back together or the parts were reused as were on other engines.

The 'Chondas'? Well, I never reused a part that did not need a damn good clean up with a file at least first.

You see ads for such stuff from time to time 'used for an hour already' 'cant give a guarantee as I don't know what application you will put it too'. The big alarm bell in this ad is 'THEY COST MY FRIEND £570 EACH PLUS SHIPPING AND IMPORT TAX' and 'THEY HAVE A VERY RELIABLE ITALIAN ENGINE'. So if the are Italian, tell me all about the import taxes that are paid within the EU. Oh, you cannot, as they are not.

These are nothing more than Chinese copies of a small Italian diesel if there is anything Italian about them at all. Maybe the seller is confused between the makers eating pasta or the makers eating noodles, who knows.

Just take a look at legit diesel gennies out there - new you are talking a few grand kicking out at least 4-6 KVA.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Found AFFORDABLE DIESEL Genny £365 on fleabay - by BDG - 6 June 2013, 23:05