Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets look at hazards after TSHTF
7 August 2013, 11:24,
RE: Lets look at hazards after TSHTF
(4 August 2013, 18:45)MikeA Wrote: What worries me is the amount of nuclear power plants we have, most of those on NR's list can be anticipated and prepared for, but if the complex shut-down with presumably skeleton crew the remains in Power Plant X, something is bound to go wrong. Great food for thought though and in my opinion a very accurate timeline, although if the soldiers aren't getting paid I cant see too many of them volunteering to stag on at the local authority premises.

TPTB wil need to retain some form of electrical power generating capability for as long as possible.

Coal power is no longer viable as we have lost the capacity to extract it from the ground.

Oil / gas power is excessively reliant on imports and North sea reserves are almost depleted now.

Wind and wave power is still technology in its infancy. It requires considerable maintenance and is currently delivering only tiny amounts of the national demand.

Maybe it is likely that they have plans to strategically man and defend nuclear power generating plants as they may be the most independently efficient way to keep delivering power for critical state services?
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lets look at hazards after TSHTF - by Sunna - 20 June 2013, 13:38
RE: Lets look at hazards after TSHTF - by I-K-E - 20 June 2013, 16:01
RE: Lets look at hazards after TSHTF - by Jonas - 4 August 2013, 18:35
RE: Lets look at hazards after TSHTF - by MikeA - 4 August 2013, 18:45
RE: Lets look at hazards after TSHTF - by Lightspeed - 7 August 2013, 11:24
RE: Lets look at hazards after TSHTF - by bigpaul - 4 August 2013, 19:25