Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Advice needed on buying silver
25 June 2013, 08:56,
RE: Advice needed on buying silver
I totally agree about your silver strategy. It's the same as mine, except change the student debt idea to cashflowing assets. That's the only difference in our reasoning for carrying silver.

If you happen to be passing Jersey, pop over and pick up some silver from there. I would also like to note that you cannot then take the silver away from Jersey, because then you would have to pay the VAT on the silver, that you didn't pay when you brought it, thus buying it at around a 16.5% discount from what we pay on the mainland. To take it away without paying the VAT would be illegal, even though it would guarantee a 16.5% increase in sale price as soon as you hit mainland England. Although I am certainly not recommending that ;-)

Make sure you have places nearby that will allow you to resell the silver. Some postal gold vanished, and it's not too far fetched to believe the same will happen with silver.

Having said that, if you package it up, you should be okay.

Also, if you are buying silver, try to get the 999 stamped stuff, or stuff that is recognised as being 999. It refers to the purity of the silver. The cleaner the silver, the better! Industrial silver is 999, and since that's the industry that is using so much of it, those are the ones helping with the demand. By having a high level of purity, it allows the transfer to the industrial industry to be smoother, no need to smelt.

Happy days, and good hunting.

Gold and silver are a bit odd at the moment. I sold a load at $32, and rebought recently. Made a bit of money, and now have more silver than before. If you watch the charts religiously, and invest enough, you can make a living off it. But, I have a life and so am unable to do that haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
Advice needed on buying silver - by Tibbs735 - 25 June 2013, 07:36
RE: Advice needed on buying silver - by uks - 25 June 2013, 08:56
RE: Advice needed on buying silver - by Scythe13 - 25 June 2013, 08:56
RE: Advice needed on buying silver - by Scythe13 - 25 June 2013, 09:23
RE: Advice needed on buying silver - by Binnie - 25 June 2013, 12:44
RE: Advice needed on buying silver - by Scythe13 - 25 June 2013, 12:45
RE: Advice needed on buying silver - by Binnie - 25 June 2013, 12:58
RE: Advice needed on buying silver - by Tarrel - 25 June 2013, 12:50
RE: Advice needed on buying silver - by Tibbs735 - 25 June 2013, 16:37