Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Killed a Possom
6 July 2013, 22:26,
RE: Killed a Possom
I am sure they will give a nasty bite with that mouth full if needle sharp teeth. I have never suffered such fate myself being nimble afoot and possessing a trusty club.

I must admit to being chased across the lawn once when I broke a section of 2x2 across the rump of a particularly large possum as he dove under the fence gate. That just irritated him and he decided to teach me who really owned that garden.

I would have sworn it was the size of a China-Poland hog at that moment.

I managed to outran him but he had me cornered in the house. My kids were preteens at that time and they got a real laugh out of the situation.

In a SHTF situation it will be animals like this that save the day. I once resided among a group of Central American Natives and found that 1/3 of their meat protein was provided by the women and children killing small mammals, like the possum, birds and snakes using only sticks and clubs. Knock them in the head and throw them in the bag. Take them home, skin them and toss them in the stew pot. You truly never knew what that chunk of meat in your bowl was, didn't care and definitely did not ask!

I did ask once and it caused a bad row because no one could agree on what that particular chunk resembled. Could have been possum, could have been parrot, didn't look like snake, more than likely was a chunk of monkey.

Real laugh was that none of that bunch would touch Spam!

Messages In This Thread
Killed a Possom - by Mortblanc - 6 July 2013, 18:51
RE: Killed a Possom - by bigpaul - 6 July 2013, 18:57
RE: Killed a Possom - by Mortblanc - 6 July 2013, 19:56
RE: Killed a Possom - by NorthernRaider - 6 July 2013, 20:29
RE: Killed a Possom - by ErikEst - 6 July 2013, 21:26
RE: Killed a Possom - by Carnebwen - 6 July 2013, 22:04
RE: Killed a Possom - by Skean Dhude - 6 July 2013, 22:08
RE: Killed a Possom - by Mortblanc - 6 July 2013, 22:26