Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maintaining Mental Function and staving off insanity post SHTF
19 July 2013, 17:30,
RE: Maintaining Mental Function and staving off insanity post SHTF
For me I do nor yet have a group but am working on it as it is the only way I can see that our species will survive/thrive.

For me the future will more likely be back to late Victorian era rather than Stone age as some people think. I do think we will still have some civility and some modern kit will still work post SHTF.

Also for me I do not mind the silence and the dark and have been known to rough camp with a bivvy for weeks at a time in the middle of a wood with no noise other than natural forest dwellers and only lights by campfire and starts and I love it and find I am very relaxed in that atmosphere - I certainly don't jump at shadows!

I have also done my fair share of 4 am stags where as you are very alert you try to identify any and all sounds.

But ultimately you are right S13 most sheeple wont know whats hit them when the SHTF and could well fall apart, making them an even bigger risk in my ind.

For me I am actively working on trying to locate, join or form a group semi locally as I believe I have a lot to offer a group and trying to plan now for the rebuild post SHTF - big task and IMHO no time to do it in! Oh for a TARDIS about now....and the security codes to the bank of England (hmm mind you that's probably empty so the codes from 20 yrs ago and the TARDIS would be okay!)!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maintaining Mental Function and staving off insanity post SHTF - by Arnie72 - 19 July 2013, 17:30